Monday, May 25, 2009

Next Project Underway...

I've finally managed to choose a project and have made a personal vow to dedicate myself completely to the material until it is finished (along with reworking Crimson Moon, which I am delighted to say has been accepted by TWRP for publication!)

This current story I'm working is still untitled. It's the second in my Desires of the Otherworld series and revolves around two people that are destined to one another but are born enemies. I'll confess it's a cliche' (Vampire falls in love with a Lycaon) but hopefully the story and material is something new that readers will enjoy. The first book in the series - Eternity and a Day - is currently under review at TWRP.

The only thing that will hinder my schedule and next project will be if another story I wrote - Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between - is picked up by another online publisher. If accepted for publication, I'll be chomping at the bit to get back to my original roots. (The Rhiannon's Law series is Dark Urban Fantasy, not romance.)

Like many author's, I've been writing most of my life. But all of the stories from years prior were either lost or thrown away. I've only begun to take myself seriously in the last year. June marks the one year anniversary of when I started Crimson Moon (finished it in roughly 8 weeks and then began Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between).

And just to think, none of this would have happened if I didn't listen to the loving encouragement of my friends and family who insisted I submit my material and attempt to become a published author.

0 comments: