Thursday, June 11, 2009

Errr Arrrggh!!!!!!

Writing Status - Zil
Mood - Somber
Currently playing on ipod: Buddy Holly - True Love Ways.

The last few weeks (I've blogged about this before) have been wrought with writing turmoil. My mind simply refuses to allow me to focus attention on any one story.

Now - if I could work something out where I rotated the stories at random, things would be dandy. But my mind refuses to allow it, keeping my brain in hyperdrive and giving me the oddest case of writer's block imaginable.

An average day goes like this:

Take care of kids and get coffee.
Go to PC and check email.
Open Word - get settled.

Stare at the flashing little tab...

Write about this or that? Hmm...

Stare at the flashing little tab some more...

Am I in the mood for straight up paranormal or romance? Hmm...

Continue staring at the annoying flashing tab...

Kids interrupt, take a break, come back.

Sit at PC, stare at the waiting flashing little tab on the screen...

I feel as if I'm losing my mind. I haven't written anything in days and at this rate I can only expect more of the same. I'm thinking about forcing myself to chose one project and sticking to that and that alone until done. Then it won't be an issue. As it is, I know I have to get my arse in gear and my fingers pounding, I just don't know how to go about it.

0 comments: