Monday, June 1, 2009

Networking

There are several aspects about writing I don't particularly enjoy and networking is at the top of the list.

Don't get me wrong, I get it. I know that in order to get the word out you've got to "get the word out", but it's incredibly difficult when you're a shy kind of person that doesn't like attention or the spotlight. I'm not a writer that loves her material (half the time, I border on hating it) nor am I the type of person to toot her own horn.

How do you exude confidence when you're terrified of being perceived as arrogant? I've seen some of the profiles of other writers on various sites and I cringe. I like my material, but I do not believe I am the second coming of Kathleen Woodwiss or Nicholas Sparks.

It's a jagged path to walk - and an exhausting one.

0 comments: