Saturday, June 13, 2009

New but attempting to Improve

Writing Status - MS Word is a Go
Mood - Listless
Playing on ipod - Meet your Master by Nine Inch Nails

Last night, I spent hours trying to reconstruct the manuscript for Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between. For some odd reason, there were "spaces" that refused to go away between paragraphs. I eventually cut and pasted the entire thing to Wordpad and went chapter by chapter.

As I was doing this, I got to read snippets of the material - It was difficult not to cringe. Good.Lord. I'm not sure if this is natural, but when I go over my stuff I always have a love/hate relationship with it. Sometimes it seems okay enough, but then I'll read it and think, "What the hell was I smoking?"

A portion of me tries to bamboozle myself by thinking, "Obviously someone liked it, so it can't be total crap." But another part thinks, "You'll never get anywhere unless you strive for perfection...And that shite is nowhere even close."

Maybe I'm being too hard on myself. I am new to writing professionally, after all. But it's never too late to begin to improve.

0 comments: