Sunday, September 6, 2009

Flash Fiction Challenge!

Writing Status - Blah
Mood - Happy
Playing on ipod - What I Am by Edie Brickell and the new bohemians

In June I entered a flash fiction contest. The theme was "Creatures of the Night" and the rules were simple. Write a 1k story about the things that go bump in the night. It sounded fun so I gave it a go. I sat at the PC, allowed the mind to take control, and crafted a story about demons, angels, and those that watched over them and entitled it, "Redemption". I just got word from Absolute X-Press that of the 20 entries chosen, my little story made the cut for publication.

This is very exciting. I adore flash fiction and the opportunity to deviate from erotica.

I'll keep you posted on publication, etc. My final edited version is due by September 16th.

0 comments: