Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Surreal...

Writing Status - Reading Today
Mood - Giddy
Playing on ipod - From Yesterday by 30 Seconds to Mars


I'm holding a book in my hand, and just inside the flash fiction anthology is my story Redemption. I cannot even begin to describe how it feels, to cradle a weight in your palm that isn't entirely another's creation but your own. Even cooler? My story is the very last one readers will see.

Sorry, just had to share. I'm carrying the blasted thing around like it's the Holy Grail.

4 comments:

Shawna Thomas said...

Congratulations! No... I don't know what that feels like yet, but I'm hoping to one day.

I'm so happy for you.

Cari Quinn said...

Congratulations, Jaime! I'd be carrying it everywhere too. What a great feeling it must be. :)

Oh, and I've been meaning to tell you...I had a nightmare/weird dream because of one particular story you sent me. I've never had a nightmare due to ANY writer's work before, so that's a big compliment! LOL

Kaye Manro said...

Congrats, Jaime! I do the thing! It's a solid thing to hold in you hands. Great!

Shelley Munro said...

How cool! Congratulations, Jaime.