Thursday, January 7, 2010

Creative Blog Award

The lovely Cari Quinn and fabtastic Lynne Roberts nominated me for a Kreativ Blogger award. *blush* I've been lax in responding because revealing things about myself will probably bore the general public. However, to get in the spirit of things, I'm willing to give it a go!

Seven Things About Me:

1.) I detest Spam, and I don't mean the stuff you get in emails. The canned meat (is it really meat? it looks like cancer) has a smell that makes me retch. It sucks, too, because my hubs loves the gelatinous stuff. *gag*

2.) My career aspiration was to be an elementary school teacher...until I had four children of my own. Now? I just want a job that's calm, serene, and most importantly -- quiet!

3.) My favorite beverage is Wal-Mart brand Sam's Choice Cola. Nothing else will do. As I'm cutting calories, I only allow myself one on occasion, but it is definitely my favorite treat!

4.) Once upon a time, I appeared in the theater productions of The Merchant of Venice and Romeo and Juliet. Where forth art thou, Hollywood?

5.) My favorite scent is vanilla.

6.) When I got married, I didn't know how to cook. I couldn't even boil an egg. (I did, however, know how to bake...yeah, I don't understand it either!)

7.) I've gotten better, but I still have an unnatural yen for nail polish. I have over 600 bottles stored in my office, according to shade and rarity. I even had a photobucket account where I catalogued images of each manicure I did with them. Strangely enough, I bit my nails until my senior year of high school.

Okay, now that I've shared, it's time to spread the love. I realize I am nominating people who have been nominated by others, but I just can't help myself.

Lynne Roberts -- her witty Wednesday's make me chuckle.

Shelley Munro -- always has something to share, and rocks my socks!

Cari Quinn -- dynamo of a friend and awesome to boot.

Helen's Hardt -- shares hotties with us, what's not to love?

Jacqueline Paige -- a fantastic friend and writer who cracks me up!

Kaye Manro -- writes thought provoking blogs and is hella nice to talk to.

Wendi Zwaduk -- has some hot stuff coming out soon, and is always a blast.

Thanks for nominating me Cari and Lynne. I heart you gals!

5 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

Ooh, thank you!

I don't know how people can eat Spam. It's the most revolting stuff and makes me glad I'm a vegetarian.

How long does nail polish last?

J.A. Saare / Aline Hunter said...

Hey Shell,

I should have written that you rock my socks as well. ;-) I was just trying to type that up while the kids were being nice.

Nail polish is only supposed to last a couple of years, BUT, if you store it properly, you can get much, much, more. time from it.

Take my favorite color, OPI's Vampire State Building. It was released with the New York Collection in 2000. I have three bottles, one of which is almost gone. The remaining two remain in the darkened portion of my office, inside a carrying case.

Once a month, I give each bottle a shake (I also try to do this when I polish my nails, just because there are so many of them) and leave them be. So far, I've had no problems.

I've hard people with polish that has lasted for 20 years. I'm not sure about that, but I do have the bottle of Hard Candy Frigid I got for Christmas when I was eighteen and it's still good!

=)

Cari Quinn said...

Great list! I heart you too. ;)

Also, congrats on the amazing review! You know I'll be voting for Moonkissed this weekend. I'm a total JA Saare fangirl. ;)

Shawna Thomas said...

Ah.. thank you! I heart you too! : ) Spam.... as a child, when I first smelled it, I thought it was dog food. That impression has never gone away.

I have nail polish bottles that are 10 years old. From time to time, I shake them up and keep them in a case in a dark cupboard, but honestly, if I paint my nails, I always go red.

You've reminded me. I'm out of Witty Wednesdays. Must go on the google hunt. : )

Kaye Manro said...

A late thank you! Your the best, girl.