Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dreaming of Writing

Writing Status - Edits
Mood - Agitated
Playing on itunes - The Wretched by Nine Inch Nails

For the rest of the week, I'll be working hard on Eternity edits. So if you don't see me around, I'm in the cave, reconstructing and smoothing out things. I'm not exactly looking forward to it, but I've managed to convince myself that:

A. I am the writer here and...
B. The story will do as I want, even if it has to change.

Then there is the Crimson Sunrise news -- the first test read was a thumbs up. Now, we're waiting for the second reader's okay. If it's a go, there will be heavy edits (these I anticipated), and that means my writing will be forced to the backseat again.

I was complaining to my husband last night that I never have time to write anymore. Between edits, promo, etc, I just can't find the time. It's incredibly frustrating. I have so many ideas going through my head, and until I start clearing them away, it will only get worse. Right now, I have three stories stewing in the brain and eight WIP's. That's enough voices and envisioned "scenes" to drive anyone insane.

On a more happy note: Dead got an amazing 4/5 star review at Darkly Reading that you can read HERE. I'm so pleased by the tour and the amount of word-of-mouth my visit at Parajunkie's View generated. As I follow them on Twitter, I can see the "I want to Read" shout outs. Knowing someone wants to read your story enough to tweet the title of it to the world...crazy.

2 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

Happy editing, Jaime. I know what you mean about not having time to write. I've just finished edits and I'm writing this week, but I'm expecting another lot of edits any day now. Sometimes it seems as if all I do is edits. :)

Congrats on all the great reviews. I've seen a few around the place.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Don't forget to take some food and drinks into the cave with you. At least, maybe just maybe, you wont get the cold going around if you hide in the cave long enough. lol. We will all be here when you come out for fresh air.

Glad to hear you got a lot of shout outs. That is awesome!