Friday, September 17, 2010

Crimson Sunrise Blurb & Excerpt

Talk about a crazy week. I really wanted to do this vlog style, but since the root canal has left me unable to speak clearly (and I have a blurb and excerpt to share) it's probably for the best that I wait until next week.   On the writing front -- I received word about my erotic BDSM novella, Make Me Shiver, and it's time for some revisions. That means even less time to socialize on the net, so if you don't see me around, that's why.

As for the blurb/excerpt.  I shared this on my author loop but figured now is a good time to share it on my blog as well.  I've turned in all the paperwork for Crimson Sunrise, so now it's just about revising according to my editor's requests, editing, etc.  I hope that everyone who enjoyed Crimson Moon enjoys this story as well. 

Have a fantastic weekend!

Crimson Sunrise Blurb:

There is always calm before the storm…

After eradicating the obstacles between them, Emma Johnson and Caleb Blackney are ready to embrace their future together. They have a lot of decisions to make. There is the issue of Emma's fae heritage, her choice to become a werewolf or remain human, and Caleb's refusal to partake in anything that could cause harm to his mate.

When Caleb's sister goes missing, personal issues are forced aside, and he and Emma are faced with a past threat that has come knocking at their door. As the search for Sammie reveals plans far more sinister than they ever could have imagined, Emma and Caleb will face their fears, confront their enemies, and unite their families to stand against an evil that won't stop until vengeance is served.

Crimson Sunrise Inside Excerpt:

My vision became focused despite it all, allowing me to see everything. I knew these would be my final memories. I felt the warm salt of tears against my mouth and experienced the cruel absolution of saying good-bye.

The water came closer and closer, until I felt the freezing chill of blanketed wetness enveloping me. I gasped without making a sound as they pulled me into the murky water, staring down at the waves that distorted with their frantic movements. They pushed my head toward the surface, revealing the reflection of a terrified girl who was too young to die but was unable to change what loomed ahead.

The cold bite of water inside my nose and mouth silenced any protests. I struggled futilely, attempting to break free of the hands pressing against my shoulders and head. My lungs protested, demanding essential oxygen, burning miserably with the need to breathe. I held my breath, feeling the fire in my chest as my body screamed to take what was necessary to live. But there was no air to be found.

When I inhaled, I knew I would die.

I fought the need until I had no choice but to drag the water into my lungs. Raw and inexplicable pain radiated inside my chest, flooding my throat, nose, and mouth with an ice cold weight. I choked on the liquid, entering some strange, agonizing spasm that I couldn't control.

Images flickered through my mind in those last seconds, my life remembered in frames -- my mother, father, grandmother, Sammie, Trent, Sarah, Derek, Beverly, Chris, and finally, Caleb.

My final thought was of drowning, but not in water. I chose to swim in the deep indigo pools I loved so much, following the swirling currents down into the pupil until there was nothing but complete blackness.

Then the pain was no more.

4 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I probably just missed it somewhere, but do you have a publish date yet?

tori aka ggs_closet said...

OoooO-this one sounds sooooo good. Can't wait!!

J.A. Saare / Aline Hunter said...

Hey Patti ;) Not yet, but it should be sometime next year. I "just" got the contract signed and everything sent in.

Tori ~ I'm glad you liked!! I hope you enjoy the story!

jeanette8042 said...

Ooooh loving the blurb and small excerpt! Thanks so much for sharing!