Sunday, April 3, 2011

An Excellent Day!!

In case you don't know, I'm an enormous fan of author Joey W. Hill. Last year, I was able to meet her at Lori Foster's Annual Reader and Author Get Together. She was such an amazing lady, kind and sweet, and took my nervousness in stride. I couldn't stop babbling, and she went out of her way to keep me calm, sign my books, and even talk to me about a few of her characters. The impression she made remained with me, so this afternoon was truly mind blowing since I was the high bidder of her prize pack on Operation Auction and was able to have a phone conversation with her.

When I talk about professionalism in the business, SHE is who I aspire to be like.  Not only is she successful, but she's extremely patient, informative, and generous.  I had so many questions and she was only too willing to answer them all. I had a notepad in front of me and jotted everything she said down. I kept telling myself to enjoy every minute (yes, I kept looking at the clock and thinking, "I'm talking to freaking Joey W. Hill!). When the call was over, I thanked her over and over again and told her when we meet again I'm buying her lunch (if you see this, Joey, don't even try to argue over the tab!).

I suppose the reason I'm writing this is that I've started to realize that writing is about more than sitting in front of your screen, creating characters and stories.  It's also about the interaction with readers. I'm such an enormous fan of Joey, but she treated me just like she would anyone else. There was no conceit, or arrogance. It was just two women talking books, writing, and marketing, and it was one of the best hours I've had in a very long time.

So yeah, I'm a total fangirl who had a fantastic day. Even better? Soon I'll have an ARC of Vampire Instinct.  I can't wait to read it. The Vampire Queen series is one of my absolute favorites. If you haven't read them and you love erotic romance, be sure to check them out. If you like mermaids and angels, there is also the Daughters of Arianne series, which is equally fantastic. Hell, all of her stuff is AWESOME -- trust me!

I hope you all had a great weekend. I'm currently in my cave, working on The Renfield Syndrome. I've decided to add a bit here and there before I send it to my editor to start the revisions/editing process.  I want the book to be everything everyone hopes for. My goal is to make someone as happy as Joey makes me. ;-)

0 comments: