Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Renfield Syndrome, Almost Here


It's hard to believe that The Renfield Syndrome will be releasing in a little over a month. So many of you have wanted to get your hands on the book, and I hope the wait is worth it. I was fortunate enough to have Carolyn Crane (author of the fantastic Dissillusionists Trilogy) give The Renfield Syndrome a read and write a author blurb for the book (thank you, Carolyn) so things are finally winding down. Not too much longer now...

I'm currently doing a read through before my editor gives the manuscript one more go. It's impossible to describe how terrifying it is to share it with all of you. The Renfield Syndrome takes the series in an entirely different direction. It was a situation that made writing it all the worse. Ultimately, I stuck to my guns. What will happen as a result? I'm not sure. The hope is you'll be interested enough in what transpires to pick up The Ripple Effect which will release (I'm currently writing the novel) in 2012. And, guess what? The first chapter of The Ripple Effect will be included in the book, so you'll get an idea of where things are headed. Sound good? I hope so!

I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I started writing this series. In the beginning it was all fun and excitement. Now it's nerves, dread, and anxiety. I will promise you this -- regardless of what happens I will keep writing. It's not as easy as it once was, but it is something I enjoy. Thanks for giving me a reason to keep pounding away at the keyboard. Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between continues doing well, so I hope The Renfield Syndrome will widen the readership and will encourage new book addicts to give it a try.

With that, I'm off. I've got to get this final proofing done. For those who are curious I am attending Authors After Dark in Philly in August. If you're attending I'll have new copies of Dead,Undead, or Somewhere in Between for sale (at a substantial discount) as well as book plates to sign for The Renfield Syndrome in the event you plan to purchase a copy and want one.

Thanks again for your awesomeness!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't wait to get my hands on The Renfield Syndrome! I'm very excited to see what happens next :o) I'm also super excited to be getting to meet you at AAD!! It's getting sooooo close now YAY!! See you soon xxx

Carolyn Crane said...

Renfield is AWESOMENESS!! Can't wait. And, you ARE going to Philly! So glad!

J.A. Saare / Aline Hunter said...

Sarah, I hope you like the book. Can't wait to meet you either! ;D

Carolyn, thank you so, so much again for reading and writing a blurb. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I'm so glad you liked the story. And yes, I'll be there! :)

Becky said...

I am SO excited for Renfield's release next month! I read the first book several months ago, and I'm not too great with waiting, so it'll be a relief when it's finally out. Do you know of a website at which fans can pre-order it? I couldn't seem to bring it up on Amazon. Then again, maybe I'm just being too impatient again. :)

J.A. Saare / Aline Hunter said...

Hi Becky! :)

So far, I'm not aware of a pre-order (man, I wish!). I do know it will be available in all formats on Mundania on release day and should appear on Kindle on release day (within 24 hours).

Thanks for your enthusiasm and patience. I hope you like the book!

Shelley Munro said...

I can't wait to read it, Jaime. I loved the first book, and now you have me really curious about where you're taking the series. Nerves are good, you know. Make them work for you *g*

Anonymous said...

Next month can't come soon enough! I'm a little nervous with the "new direction", but I have faith in you! Wow, 2012 will be a long wait...thanks for the chapter though...hopefully that will help with any impending freak outs from the "new direction"...LOL!

I'm gonna hold onto what you told me before about not killing off Disco...which would make me very sad and hopefully they will get their happily ever after eventually (I can hope anyway). No matter what happens, I will be on pins and needles until I can get my hands on The Ripple Effect!

Thanks for such a great book and can't wait for the ones to follow!

Becky :)

Sharon Stogner said...

yay! Am I the only one around here who is pulling for Paine? ;)

Becky said...

I do know it will be available in all formats on Mundania on release day and should appear on Kindle on release day (within 24 hours).

Sounds good to me! I'll be checking the day of the release. Thanks for the reply!

J.A. Saare / Aline Hunter said...

Hey Shell ~ I can't handle the nerves. I wish I had your iron resolve!

Sharon ~ My crit partner Rosalie is ALL team Paine! :)

Becky ~ Since I figured out how to get notifications on email (huzzah) I will always respond! :) Thanks for asking about the book!

J.A. Saare / Aline Hunter said...

I hope you enjoy the book! ;) Thanks for stopping by!