Friday, October 2, 2009

Redemption

Writing Status - Last read through on SAM
Mood - Okie-Dokie
Playing on ipod - Suicidal Dream by Silverchair

A few months back, I entered a flash fiction challenge contest at Absolute XPress. The theme was "Creatures of the Night" and the rules were simple:

Homer was able to write about the Trojan War in ten epic novels, The Iliad being one of them. He covered it all: religion, love, war, fantasy, myth, and horror. Now it’s your turn to carry on the tradition and create your own epic story; but there’s a catch… It must be done in 1,000 words or less. That’s roughly 2 pages, which is 3/1000 of the size of the entire Homeric collection!


So, I sat down, wrote out a short story called Redemption (1k words exactly!), polished it up, and submitted. I got word a month ago that my story was one of twenty accepted. *does the happy dance*

Today, I got the contract and other nifty little things. My story will be available on October 31st, 2009 in an anthology.

How exciting!

I'll post more as the date nears.

0 comments: